About Under Vehicle Inspection Systems (UVIS)
|Used by security professionals at facility access points, Under Vehicle Inspection Systems (UVIS) provide a safe, rapid, accurate and thorough method of inspecting the undercarriage of passenger and commercial vehicles. With hundreds of potential hiding spaces, vehicles represent a unique and serious security threat. The systems allow for a quick and easy inspection for drugs, explosives, biohazards, "sticky-bombs," stow-aways and other harmful or illegal materials.|
Under Vehicle Inspection Technology
Under Vehicle Inspection Systems incorporate high-resolution, digital, color video cameras with a fully integrated illumination system to provide clear views for both day and night operation. Because deep shadows can mask suspicious items, proper lighting is key to effective under vehicle inspection.
Under Vehicle Inspection Benefits
Well-designed under vehicle inspection systems provide several advantages that increase both the operator's safety and comfort, including:
- Enables operator to maintain a safe distance away from the vehicle while conducting inspections
- Gives full view of undercarriage in quad-screen format, linear format or single image
- No mirrors or bending over. Guard less fatigued and remains alert to surrounding areas
- High-resolution images help detect hidden objects, as well as signs of tampering
- Integrated illumination system makes inspection fast, easy and accurate in any lighting conditions
- Personnel can zoom in on areas, slow down video or change brightness and contrast
- Linked to external database to allow images to be saved for later access and further inspection
Types of Under Vehicle Inspection Systems
Portable Under Vehicle Inspection Systems (UVIS) - Light-weight in design and easy to relocated when needed. The systems are made from corrosion-resistant aluminum ramp that conceals weatherproof digital cameras and illumination system to be used in the harshest of conditions. View the LowCam™ VI108 Portable Under Vehicle Inspection System with an eight camera system. View the LowCam™ VI110 Under Vehicle Inspection System that includes License Plate Recognition technology.
Fixed Under Vehicle Inspection Systems - Permanent, In-Ground under vehicle inspection systems offer no road obstruction. Great for consistent traffic routines. View the LowCam™ VI150 Fixed Under Vehicle Inspection System that is low profile and great for snow plowing, street sweeping, etc.
Advanced Detection Technology is the first in the industry to offer all Under Vehicle Inspection System models with built-in License Plate Recognition cameras. Read more about this technology.